EFFECTIVE 06-01-2020: THE RAVALLI COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING SHALL BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND SHALL COMPLY WITH PHASE 2 REQUIREMENTS.
Ravalli County Subsurface
Wastewater Treatment &
Disposal Regulations (2021)
Effective July 1, 2021.
Adopted copy: Ravalli County Wastewater Regulations
Buying a home in Ravalli County?
Home Buyer's Brochure
Open & Prescribed Burn Season Begins March 1 2021
Burning is open from March 1, 2021 through November 30, 2021 (Resolution No. 3900) is an air-ventilation period, you may call 800-225-6779 daily during this time to check for possible closure of burning or inversions. Burn permits are required for all open burning. Burn Permit Information and Burn Permit Procedures are available on this website under Burning Permits. Click on Stay Informed - click on Burn Permit in the green section on the left side of the page. You must activate your permit prior to any burning throughout the season. For additional burn information please see articles in the Environmental Health Talk section in the green box to the left.
Open burning may be restricted during HIGH fire danger.
If you have questions about prescribed burns by the Bitterroot National Forest, please contact your local ranger stations for more specific information or to be included on their burn notification lists.
Protecting public health and the environment through adequate protection of surface and ground waters, monitoring and protection of air quality, food and consumer safety and education. Services:
- Issuing wastewater (sewage) treatment and disposal permit
- Conducting site evaluations for onsite sewage disposal permits
- Licensing and Inspecting food service establishments, campgrounds and trailer courts, motels, schools, pools, and other public accommodations
- Administering the public drinking water program
- Monitoring air quality and open burning information (Hotline: 1-800-225-6779)
- Administering the junk vehicle program
- Disseminating radon information and sale of radon test kits
- Review of subdivisions through Montana Department of Environmental Quality
- Investigating complaints under the food and consumer safety, air and water quality, wastewater (sewage) treatment and disposal, solid and hazardous waste disposal, junk vehicle, and other environmental health regulations